THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, January 18, 2010

One week today!!!



So it's been seven days that I have been working on this project, lets recap and see what been accomplished.

1. We named the company, Soaps and Such by Holly
2. Fully supplied of soap making tools and raw soap
3. Have made and messed up soaps, but have came out with six successful products to sell
4. We have one online venue setup and ready for business. www.soapsandsuch.etsy.com
5. Social networking is in progress

Not bad for just seven days if I do say so myself. We have had no sales yet, but there are a lot of soap makers on etsy, so we need to find a way to stand out. I have a different shop on etsy that has been open for a little over a year, and has sold 16 items. It took a month before my first item sold, and I think I even lost money on that sale. I didn't go wholeheartedly into that shop, or I'm sure it would have been more successful. I still like to keep it around though, because even though I'm obsessed with soap making, I enjoy making all different kinds of things. My point is that we have a chance to make this shop turn a profit, I just gotta stay on top of it, and use every resource available!

Now that we a have a little bit of a foundation laid, what I would like to do in the coming week is:

1. Get some of those business cards printed out
2. Stay on top of the social networking
3. Maybe find another online venue
4. And hopefully sell something

I do however need to quit buying soap molds, they are just sooo hard to resist. Last night at Walmart I bought ten molds for nine dollars, that is such a steal because usually they are $1.99 each. I also found some cute little plastic bags with ties to use in my packaging for two dollars. It's my first week and I've spent over 50% of my budget. From now on till I make a sale, I'm only allowed to buy raw soap!

Happy 1 week,
Holly

0 comments: