THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Time to go shopping!


Today is day two and I needed to get supplies. Since $100.00 in next to nothing a far as setting up a business goes, I thought I should look around my house for anything I could use. I found a saucepan, some silicon cupcake and brownie pans, and a wooden spoon. I also have two soap molds, honey almond fragrance, and some leftover dye from when I made soap the last time.
Now all I needed was some soap and some good ideas, so I went to my local craft store, and lucky for me all soap making products were on sale for 25% off. I really needed to use self control and not spend too much, and it was hard because everything was at such low prices. I ended up buying some clear and opaque pure glycerin soap, sweet pea fragrance, and a mini heart shaped mold. I meant to grab Vanilla scented fragrance, because it's always been pretty common and popular, but when I got home sweet pea is what I had. Oh well, Valentines Day is coming so maybe I can have a sweet pea theme. Valentines day is also why I picked out the mini heart shaped mold. I have a basic bar mold and seashell already, I thought the hearts would be cute.
When I got home I let go of all self control and I splurged, that's right I went online. A long time ago I was watching a craft show on television and I saw a woman making soap that had cute little rubber duckies on the top of them. Well online, I found the cutest little colorful ducks, and I just had to try and make my own rendition. I also scooped up another mold, this one was oval and circles. Now the mold was on 2.29 and the rubber ducks were only $7.50 for twelve, but shipping and handling was killer. I think I'm gonna need to continue to shop locally for a little bit.
The good news is I think I 'm ready to start making soaps, I got everything I need. The bad news is it's only day two and I've already used up 35% of my budget. I've got $65.39 left, which I need to hold on too for packaging supplies when I first sell something. Here is a picture of all my supplies to get me going. I can't wait to get to it and make some more soap!

Holly

0 comments: