THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

22 down 343 days to go!

Hi everyone! Today is day 22 and we have 20 items listed on my shop, had to soap orders, and have received 232 views on this blog. Things seem to be going pretty good, but as I look around my house I notice it has been seriously neglected. I have been picking toys up here and there, and have done laundry and the dishes regularly, but since I've been more interested in soap than chores lately my clean laundry has not made it into drawers, nor my dishes into cupboards. So since I was so productive yesterday in my soap world, today's focus is clean clean clean! My husband has been so supportive and I would like to keep it that way, haha.

I will wait till after I tell you about all the stuff I did yesterday. I made my very first tutorial ever, and posted it on my blog last night. I'm pretty proud of it, and it was really fun to make. The soaps turned out really great. I also made some other soaps in the shape of teddy bears that are also pink and blue, but I probably wait till tomorrow to post them. Last night I posted another set of flower soaps because Mother's Day is coming up, and what mom doesn't love flowers??? Now this last thing I did, which I'm super excited about because it is a whole new dimension towards my project is I started a channel on Youtube. I have not posted anything on it yet, but I've got tons of ideas. I would like to make a proposal video telling about my project, so people can see who is actually behind all of this. I would like to put some slide show tutorials up with some music in the background, I'm thinking maybe the song "Glycerin", by Bush since I'm working with glycerin soap. I would also like to take videos of special events that going along with my experiment, like if I get to do a craft show I would like to document my very first one. Well We will see how it goes, my husband said I might be able to get a video camera with our tax return, but that I actually have to make family videos too and not just soap :). What got me into this Youtube idea is we got another Etsy conversation from a girl who does beauty product reviews and she asked if I wanted to start a contest or sponsor one for her. I definitely would like to work with her, because she's got a great personality and does a good job on her videos. She seems to talk unscripted, knows what she's talking about, and is fun to watch. Here is a copy of the convo she sent:

Hello,My name is Iryna,I have been on your website a couple time and was wondering....I have a youtube account and will have a 100 subscribers contest. I would love to try out some of your product and would advertise your company if i find the products really amazing and other people should purchase them.As for my contest i am hoping you would like or can sponsor me. My youtube link is - http://www.youtube.com/ira3345 . Your help will be much appreciated.Thank you for your time and hope to hear back from you soon! Iryna

The only problem is I don't really know what to send her yet that would be her style, so I might still wait a little bit. But if you get a chance I would check her out.

Okay okay I better go clean!

Later,
Holly

0 comments: