THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Happy Day 23!

I've figured out why I like blogging so much, I think it is because it's the most relaxing part of my day. It's the only time I get to sit for more than 5 minutes and just relax, well and write. Anyhow, today Maddie and I took a field trip to the container store, and to Whole foods to get ideas. I saw lots of cute containers but they were all super expensive, and at whole foods they have tons of natural soaps and essential oils. All of the soap smelled so good, but my favorite was the lemon/lavender. Here's a picture of their display, I would definitely like to make some soaps like these in the future.


I did spend some more money between today and yesterday, but I just couldn't help myself. I was watching a craft show yesterday called, "She's Crafty" hosted by Wendy Russel. She had guest on who makes bath and beauty products and they made the cutest sugar body scrubs. I already have all the ingredients to make some, but I really really needed a container to put it in. On the show they use cute honey bear containers, but I couldn't find any of those except online. I also decided to look up other homemade recipes online and there are tons, for masks, scrubs, and bath salts, you name it. I thought if I started making some of these products too, than the "Such" at the end of my shops name would make more sense. Not just soap, Soaps and Such by Holly. So I ended up spending $6.36 on Epsom salt, plastic bags, 6 little bottles and some paper for more tags. Actually it turned out the cashier didn't charge me for the bottles, but I didn't find out till I got home. My budget is now all the way down to $12.74.
I think I might need to upload more items on zibbet.com but I still have only had 7 views, so I don't know if I would just be wasting my time. It makes me kind of sad, because I think zibbet.com is a newer site, and the people behind it seem pretty cool. I would open shops all over the net, the only problem is it is so time consuming to set them up, then post descriptions and yadda yadda. Then the best part of this project is connecting with people and the craft community, but there is no time for that when your busy posting. With Etsy.com you get to read a lot of great articles about the sellers and meet new buyers, and just mingle around. I guess I'll post a couple new things on zibbet.com but if the view trend stays the same I might have to move to the next venue, or keep zibbet.com for back up.

Today's to do list:

1. Post items on zibbet
2. Make scrubs and salts
3. Clean kitchen
4. make soap
5. Brother and Sister in law come to visit

Until next time think happy sale thoughts,
Holly

0 comments: