THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day 26

Hello Everyone!

Having a live in accountant definitely has it's advantages when your starting a business let me tell ya. Last night my husband and I had a lot of fun taking inventory of my soaps and figuring out down to the penny what each ounce of soap cost, and much the profit is and all that good stuff. The only thing that was a little discouraging is I found out if I sold every item I've made so far it would put me at $80.31, then add that to my $12.74 and I would have a grand total of $93.05 which is $7.00 away from my goal. Now that I think of it though that's not really that bad because even though I have spent almost $30.00 on molds, it's really like I only $6.95. Aw, okay I feel better now. I also still have some raw soap that wasn't accounted for in my inventory too.

Caradoc and I were also looking up craft shows online and came across this great organization,Az Home Show Women. They do all kinds of things like party planning, and house parties, and craft fairs. They give tons of resources to women to find jobs and help them to work from home, and all sorts of stuff. Here is a link to their website if you want more info http://azhomeshowwomen.com/default.aspx. What is neat is they are all around Arizona, but also do a craft show the 2nd and 4th Friday and Saturday every month. It cost $25 a day, or $35 for 2 Fridays or Two Saturday, or $65 for all 4 dates. You get a 10x10 area and an 8ft table with chairs. I don't have nearly enough inventory, but as soon as I do I'm gonna be all over that craft show. I'm just really excited because crafts shows are what my whole childhood was about. Every weekend I was either with my grandparents, my mother, or my Aunt Diane somewhere in AZ working a craft show. All my family made their own jewelry, and I would sell little earrings I made. If I wasn't selling earrings I would run around and look at all the great booths, then take naps under the tables. It was always a lot of fun, and I can't wait to take my oldest daughter Alexa with me. I think she would really like to look at all the pretty stuff.

I've already made some soaps today that are drying, but I probably won't get anything else done today. Some of my family is getting together for my mother in laws birthday in Anthem, and then come back to my house for the evening. As usual though I will try to check in on the shops and what not.

Holly

0 comments: